Do the holidays completely throw off your groove and contribute to you going off-plan? They don’t have to! Let’s do St. Patrick’s Day together this year – Trim Healthy Mama style!
The holidays come back around every year – if we let them throw us off, then we are always restarting, always struggling to reach our goal.
FIVE WAYS CELEBRATE WHILE ON PLAN:
- Choose on-plan versions of traditional foods such as low carb Irish Soda Bread from Bijoux and Bits, and Corned Beef and Cabbage from Wonderfully Made and Dearly Loved.
- Consider skipping the alcohol with this delicious looking Keto Dairy Free Shamrock Shake from Peace Love and Low Carb, or if you feel that alcohol is a necessity for celebrating St. Patrick’s day this year, give low carb beverages such as Low Carb Irish Margarita from Low Carb-ology a try.
- Plan your day around activities instead of having the focus on food. Here are some great ideas from Our Family World that are family friendly, but not just for kids. My favorite idea was the Irish Scavenger Hunt!
- Even if you aren’t throwing a party, decorate your home so it feels festive! I often feel the spirit of the holiday much more even with light decorating, rather than no decorations at all.
- Listen to traditional Irish music! Especially paired with some light decorations, this can be a great way to get into the spirit of the holiday.
Of course, you aren’t limited to the above options – get creative!
It’s important to remember that you don’t have to go off plan for every holiday – or even any holiday. There are ways to celebrate and stay healthy at the same time while not spending ridiculous amounts of money.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!